Five Easy Questions to Stay Focused in Business
There are a variety of strategies and systems to help you maintain motivation and momentum and stay focused in business. I want to share with you a very simple, yet powerful one that I call the Focus Five.
First, take a piece of paper, or open up a blank document on your computer, and create five columns.
Next, at the top of each column write the following: Stop, Less, Keep, More and Start.
These are the key words for the following questions:
- What should I stop doing in my business?
- What should I do less of in my business?
- What should I keep doing in my business?
- What should I do more of in my business?
- What should I start doing in my business?
Under each one of these words, answer the corresponding question.
For example, when you see the word stop ask yourself, What should I stop doing in my business?
After you ask the question, let your brain do what it does best…answer the question.
Don’t edit the answers. Just let them flow.
Once you’ve answered the question, move onto the next question and answer What should I do less of in my business?
Write down what comes to mind.
Continue asking and answering each question.
What you are doing is allowing your brain to get rid of the clutter. A cluttered mind hinders your progress. It makes it harder for you to keep moving forward. This process will help you find the things that you are doing that are holding you back.
The best part is you take the answers you come up with and put them into an action plan – something that takes you further along in your business journey.
To get the best results, do this exercise at least monthly.
This powerful system will help you gain clarity in your business. As a bonus…use it in other areas of your life, and you will gain clarity everywhere!
- A Guaranteed Method to Achieve Your Business Goals - June 9, 2018
- How Do You Become Wealthy? You Say the Right Words - April 16, 2018
- Why Am I Failing in Business? - April 2, 2018
- Five Easy Questions to Stay Focused in Business - March 15, 2018
- Self Promotion and How to Sell Yourself - February 4, 2018
“If you want to be successful, don’t ask how do I become successful. Ask yourself why am I failing?” Chip and Dan Heath,