6 Simple Tricks to Get your Creative Energy Flowing
Recently I received a message from a client telling me that he was leaving his office to mix up his energy and get himself refocused. It was a strategy we had talked about. One that could help him get the creative juices flowing once again.
I don’t blame him.
People think being an entrepreneur is easy.
Who else gets to do exactly what they want and not have to answer to a boss?
The truth is being an entrepreneur is hard.
While you do get to do exactly what you want, you also have a ton of other things that need to be done that you just don’t want to do. Many times you will be inspired and creative. Other times you’ll struggle. Even when what you're working on is not fun anymore – you have to keep on pushing through anyway.
And, yes, there will be times when you have to knuckle down and just get it done. I’m not a fan of it, personally. Instead, I think it is more important to know your needs and take them into consideration.
So…how do you do that when every inch of your being is screaming NO?
Here are 6 simple tricks to get your creative energy flowing!
- Leave the Office. Sometimes removing yourself from your usual environment can make a huge impact. Take with you only what you will need to work on your project, and leave all other distractions behind.
- Assess Your Personal Needs. When was the last time you ate? How well did you sleep last night? How is the environment around you? Does it support you?
- Get Up and Move. Sometimes just the act of moving will get you refocused. Take a few minutes to go up and down the stairs. Or go for a walk. Get some sort of exercise. I’m not talking about an hour of power cardio. Just get some blood pumping to your brain.
- Suck on a Mint. Sounds weird, huh? It can help to chew on some gum or such on a piece of mint candy.
- Do a Self-Check. Take a moment to reconnect with the “why” behind what you are working on. Remind yourself what the overall goal is for the project. Do you still need to be working on it? Are there other (i.e., easier) ways you can still achieve the same goal?
- Stop Beating Yourself Up! If I were to be honest, I would rather do less and be happy than beat myself up to get a task done. Look at what is on your plate. Will it lead you to ultimately having a smile on your face? If it does, everything else will be easier to get done.
So, what’s your favorite strategy? Please share your the comments below.
Do you have trouble with sales calls? Do they make you feel yucky? Download this Free Report to get straightforward strategies that will help you close the sale quickly and easily, and feel good about the whole process.